Thursday, January 29, 2009

1st tour of the inside!

I'm a very visual person, I need to see something before it all makes sense to me. My husband is just the opposite (which has been great!). He can "see" something in his mind and it just automatically makes sense to him; I have to touch it or see it drawn on paper before I really "get it".

I was soooo happy once I could walk in the house for the first time. After looking at the house plan for what seemed like *forever*, it was neat to walk thru and see where everything was or would be... the walls; doors; windows; the views of each room; my bathtub (okay, I have a bubble bath addiction... so it's important! ha ha). Of course I was already envisioning where the furniture would be and how I'd decorate -- I am a girl after all! ;)

So here are a few pictures that I took of the inside. Of course I took tons of pictures -- but I'll only bore you with a few of them.

The picture below is standing in the living room looking at the stairs. The door beside the stairs is a closet; and to the far right, that door is the office.


The pic below is taken from the living room looking into the kitchen. The door to the left is the back door (in the mudroom) and all the windows on the right side are in the master bedroom.

The picture below was taken from the dining area looking into the living room... the stairs again... and the front door is there on the right.

The pic below is of the "man cave"... atleast until the workshop is built. Then this will be renamed to "media room". ha ha :)

The picture below is looking out the master bedroom window. The hay bale actually marks the spot where Davids workshop will be. We have 4 windows in the master bedroom (I love natural light~) and each view is awesome!


This was a fun stage because me & the kids could finally go down to the house and clean the floors. The kids loved sweeping and I ran the shop-vac. And since I'm not familiar with *any* helpful building techniques (such as reading a tape measure or hammering nails), this gave me something to help David with.


No comments:

Post a Comment