Thursday, January 29, 2009

Hardi board siding is on!

This was something else that we sub'd out so it could get done quicker. It went really fast and was another big step for our little house. Our house was starting to look like a home now! :)

Funny story about this step --> The crew that did the siding were really nice but only the lead guy could speak english. The crew would come early, bring their radio with big speakers, hook them up to the extension cord in our master bedroom, open the windows and totally crank it up! I mean loud music, all in spanish. Anyways, that was kind of funny -- and the kids always laughed & danced when we'd go by for a visit. It didn't take them long to get our whole house done so maybe the music helped!

Anyway, fast forward to the 2nd weekend. It was a Saturday, which means that David is able to go down and work for the entire weekend (because he works a full-time job during the week and can only work an hour or two at most on the nights he's even able to go down to work on the house). So we all decide to go down and realize that the workers are there and they have invited their families (wives and kids) to an outdoor party at our new house. The had the music blasting; the bonfire going with a grill even!; beer flowing; and their kids are running around our big field playing soccer! :o

Our kids ran off to play soccer with the other kids and DH & I just sat there like "what in the world is going on?". I thought David would flip his lid, but he didn't (much to my surprise!). I figured that since we'd gotten there, the party would be over. Nope, it lasted HOURS! Into the night even! Crazy, huh?

Here are a few pictures of this stage... minus the party! ha ha


3 comments:

  1. Why haven't I looked at this blog? I love this house!! I was just reading Cottage Living magazine and they showed houses similar to this. love it. Okay I haven't read the entire blog, so I'll have to see where you live. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thanks Paige! Glad you like it! ;) I just started this blog 2 days ago and just linked it to my other blog yesterday. It was easier to let the house have it's own blog. :) Have a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! We built our dream house a year and a half ago and I loved watching it come together!

    ReplyDelete