Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Decided to start a house blog instead...

Instead of adding all the house info onto my other blog, I just decided to start a blog just for the house. :)

To go back from the beginning, this is our house story in a nutshell...
DH & I were both born & raised in a big city. It was what we both knew, and honestly I'd never been out in the "country" much. Maybe for a Sunday drive if I got lost (ha ha) but that was about the extent of it. But after our daughter was born in 2003 (and our son was 4 years old), we really started feeling the need to get out of the busy, crazy city and be more simple & self-sufficient. I was already a stay-at-home mom and we lived well below our means so that was a plus for us off the bat. I began reading (a fav past time anyway) and learning more about gardening; animals; cooking/baking/canning; frugal living; and simplifying life. As time went on, it became more and more appealing to us both.

About a year later we found some land that was for sale. It was beautiful, absolutely breathtaking. Honestly, I felt it was way out of our reach. I mean, we were an one-income family but DH forged ahead and we bought the land. I'm so glad for once that he didn't listen to me! We ended up with a great deal from a sweet lady, she really wanted us to buy it. This land had been in her family for a l-o-n-g time and she was happy to see us raise our children on it, sadly she passed away a few weeks ago -- she was never able (to my knowledge) to see our house being built. I hope she's in heaven looking down on us and approves of what we've done. :(

Here's what the land looked like when we first got it...


1 comment:

  1. HA! That's why I haven't looked at this blog! It didn't exist before yesterday. Too funny.Your property is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete