Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Roofing!

We decided early on to go with a silver metal roof to try and get the look of a true old farmhouse with an old tin roof. We were very lucky to be referred to a guy who is very experienced with metal roofing installation. Funny thing though... after talking to the roofer, we figured out that to he is a very distant cousin of mine on my moms side! How funny is that?! His great-great-grandfather was a brother to my great-great-grandfather. He said he would've given us the "family discount" but that he usually charges more for that -- I nicely declined. lol :)

Anyways, getting back on the topic... here are some pics of the roof after it was completed and the house was wrapped ~ I think the roof just really makes the house look beautiful, just a perfect fit for the land. David wanted a different type of metal roof but I thought it looked a little too industrial for the look I had envisioned. We compromised on my look ;) and it didn't take them long to put it on.

The back side of the house has a covered porch. We plan on screening it in -- I can't wait to sit out there at night with a warm blanket to read a book or just kick back and look at the stars.













No comments:

Post a Comment