Monday, July 13, 2009

Kitchen appliances

I haven't updated in awhile. We've been so busy with trying to finish the house and things are finally moving along at record pace. We were really excited to learn that our county will give us a temporary certificate of occupancy if there are no safety hazzards inside the house... which means we can move in (yay!)... but that means we'll still have more things to complete within a 30 to 60 day timeframe (boo!) like finishing the porch and other outside things. The inspectors will hopefully be coming out next week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. We will have to get the HVAC & electrical inspected by one inspector first, and if that passes, then another inspector has to come out to work thru the house for the temp c.o. Stressful stuff!

But the "not so good" news is that I've misplaced our camera battery charger, which really stinks when there are so many things that I should taking pictures of! Grrrrr.... I'm working on finding the charger, it has to be around here somewhere... but until then, here is what all we've been working on.

Just on this past Saturday my kitchen appliances were delivered. They are beautiful! My husband really got a deal on the fridge (Samsung 26 cu ft french door style, stainless steel model) -- I think we saved about $1,000 due to big sales, store price matches and rebates. What's even better is that we bumped our delivery out a week because we weren't ready for them yet. So Lowes call us Saturday morning to say that they were actually out of the model we bought but they'd upgrade us to the newer model for free. Woohoo!! I actually wanted the newer model because it had a few features I really liked but I couldn't justify the $400 +/- expense of upgrading. So I was stoked to say the least! And the delivery guys arrived like 30 minutes early, which I thought never happened in the delivery world! :)

And we saved $1,000 even on the range at BestBuy-- it was a floor model and has some slight scratches on the top but it's nothing you'd notice at all. We may even be able to buff some of them out... but it doesn't really matter to me as long as it cooks, then I'm good. :) It's an Electrolux stainless steel slide-in range that has double ovens with convection cooking (which I know nothing about convection cooking!). We actually had no plans to go to BestBuy that day, so it was funny to just walk in and see the range sitting there... like it was waiting on us to buy it! ha ha! David had been doing research on different ranges and we really both liked this one -- but the price was just wayyyy out of our budget -- so we were so happy to find this for such a great deal.

BestBuy also had the Samsung dishwasher we wanted on sale too and they were even willing to mark it down another $150.00 if we'd buy from them along with the stove. David took that offer to Lowes and they matched it for us, plus took 10% off. Talk about another deal! :) It's really amazing what kind of deals you can get if you ask and are ready to buy right then. So Lowes delivered our new dishwasher with the fridge.

I'm so excited to see my kitchen all coming together. It's really so nice, the kitchen of my dreams. I will finally have some room to spread out across the island and cook all our meals, bake yummy cakes & pies, and even learn to can foods (if I can make anything grow in the garden is a whole 'nutha post, lol) -- I cannot wait!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment