Tuesday, July 21, 2009

One night down...

I made it thru our 1st night staying in the new house -- just one night after someone broke in. I don't know why I thought that would be such a good idea for us to move on in so soon, lol. I only got maybe 4 hours of sleep and was awake like a watchdog from 1am till almost 5am -- WIDE awake. Boy, I'm feeling it now at 5pm! I can't hang on a few hours sleep anymore. I hope tonight is better, it's bad enough not having a working toilet or water but I love my sleep!

Some things I didn't think of about moving down there --> I didn't think about how dark it'd be out there, man, it was dark! And the noises, tons of new noises that hopefully we'll get used to soon. Everytime I'd hear a noise that I thought would be someone out there sneaking around, I'd hit the lock button on my van remote... it makes the horn beep once. I bet our neighbors down the road thought I was crazy with the van that honks the horn all night long! ha ha :) And the neighbors have a dog that barked off & on all night long. But that's fine by me, I can't wait to have our own dog down at our house... so maybe they can be watch doggies together. lol

David took the day off work today to get some more work done on the house and to buy himself some must-have tools that he needs to get the electrical work all complete. He has to work tomorrow though. He was able to get our front porch light up so that will come in handy. Lastnight for awhile we resorted to putting his work light (that wasn't stolen for some reason, thankfully) out on the front porch, we left the cord inside the house in case we heard someone... then we'd plug it in quickly to scare them off. I felt like the "Home Alone" movie -- trying to rig up all these things to scare off the bad guys. :)

We went to Lowes today and bought a 50-gallon water heater. Hopefully this can get installed soon so we can have water on! woohoo! People with running an endless supply of water pouring from their faucets & working toilets are spoiled I tell ya! lol

We also decided (well I did...) that we needed to have blinds up on the windows, especially after Sunday night. I wasn't going to put any blinds on any of the windows but my mind changed on that I guess. I don't want any peepers out there lurking around looking in! Especially when it's sooo dark outside, call me a baby but it makes me nervous! We made due lastnight with sheets & kraft paper... but you can only have that "look" for so long and that definitely wasn't what I'd envisioned for our new dream house. So we bought blinds for every window today too. We went with the 2" faux wood. I can't wait to see how good they look. The manager there gave us 10% off of everything we bought today -- saving us $140.00 total. We love our local Lowes store! They've really taken good care of us with this house build.

Even better news --> while moving our mattresses yesterday I found the camera battery charger! So now I can get back to taking pictures. Now was not a good time to lose the only battery charger we had. I'll come back and edit this post with pictures once we get the blinds put in so you can check out how they look.

Well, that's about it for now. The kids start school tomorrow and I've got hair to cut; clothes to lay out; backpacks to pack; and then dinner to cook all within the next hour or so. I'll update again tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ashley! I'm sorry about the theft at the house but so excited that things are moving along for you. What an exciting time. I'm sure you will used to your new environment soon!

    ReplyDelete