Monday, July 20, 2009

Mad, sad, sick and more mad...

I actually was going to post pictures today of the kitchen cabinets and the "after" pictures of the granite that was set today (they turned out beautiful by the way)... but instead we're busy doing other things. Like calling the police and checking craigslist all day long.

David took the day off his regular job to get some more work done on the house. We were hoping to be ready for the inspector to come this week -- and to be able to move in by next week. But instead when he got there this morning he realized that someone had came into the house lastnight and stolen every tool he had. Every single one... not even a hammer left.

The police came out and was able to get a print off the back door, a shoe print and several pictures of tire tracks... but we doubt that will lead to anything. You can tell where "they" (AKA: the low-life scum theives) drove around to the back of the house, loaded up everything, drove on around the house and down the driveway.

I guess the "good news" is that only minimal damage was done to the house and they didn't steal my kitchen appliances or many other things that we down there (like expensive Lutron lighting switches that were sitting right there all boxed up untouched, etc). We're lucky for that, it could have been much worse I suppose. But just the thought of someone walking thru our house, stealing all of my husbands beloved tools that he took such good care of and had planned on keeping forever -- gone, just like that... it just makes me sick.

I hope tomorrow is a much better day. And I hope tonight isn't a repeat of lastnight either. It makes me want a viscious hungry attack dog roaming around the house 24/7; a burglar alarm system for inside the house; a constant feed video system surrounding the outside of the house that I can watch from here; AND a deer camera set up in a tree just in case all the other things fail. You know what I mean?

Whew, what a day...


No comments:

Post a Comment