Monday, March 16, 2009

Set-backs are a given...

Just when we felt like we were cruising along at a good speed to possibly meet our self-imposed deadline (April 30th), the painter calls today and tells us that he has to pull off our job for an entire week to do another job for the primary builder that he works with most. :( I was just thinking this morning that we've got 6 more full weekends to pull it off but I'm not sure how this one week+ delay will play into it all.

Which means we have to push back the drywall guys... who were coming to touch up/fix some cracks, rough spots and dents in the walls. Atleast hopefully they'll only be pushed back a day or two.

But in the meantime of waiting... we hope to continue with getting the hardwood flooring laid and possibly the tile going. Those will be easier to do without having to work around the painter.

I went last week and our next electrical permit so David is continuing to get our electric cut on to the house versus having it ran across the field to the temporary (yay! lights in the house that won't be hooked up to an electrical cord!). Then we'll need to call the inspector to come out --> that is such a stressful thing, always wondering if we're going to pass or not. And hopefully we'll be able to get the HVAC units delivered and set soon.

The weather should be looking better for the next week... so if nothing else, that's definitely the silver lining. It looks like it may get up to around 70 degrees with no rain! :)

3 comments:

  1. Ashley- Thank you so much for stopping by to see me! I'm so excited to follow along on your blog and watch your progress. I will take some time to read from the beginning and get all caught up. I didn't see your email addy on here but was wondering if you could email me at jenjen1220@yahoo.com so I could ask you a couple of questions. I'm so happy to find a like minded blogger! By the way, I noticed you are in TN. We use to live outside Memphis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Ashley, I just finished going back from the beginning of your blog and reading all of it. I enjoyed every moment of it. You guys are doing an awesome job. Do you think you could share a copy of your floorplan with your readers? I'd love to see it. I look forwarding to keeping up with your progress. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, still working on figuring out how to get the floor plan on here... it's just been crazy busy around here - I sorta forgot. Will work on that now!

    ReplyDelete