Monday, February 2, 2009

Butter anyone?

I think honestly was one of the hardest choices to make -- exterior paint colors! Although I didn't take pictures of all the colors, we went through atleast 6 colors (easily 6, probably more!). We wanted a khaki color... but somehow the colors never looked the same on the house as they did on the paint swatch -- we ended up with a lot of butter colors - and grey - and darker brown. Whew, I was stressing. Then we ended up finding the *perfect* color of what I'd had in my mind. We had already decided that it would either be this last paint color or we were just doing white. Luckily it worked out. Now David says that he wished we would have gone with the white. Why didn't he say that like 10 paint colors ago? ha ha :)

Here is 2 of our butter choices... they look just alike though, don't they? Some houses look good yellow but this wasn't one of those "good yellow" colors. It was a blah fake butter yellow. I could feel my arteries clogging up just looking at it! ha ha :)

We ended up going with a beige/light khaki color that almost matches the original hardiboard siding color. Yep, after all that stressful paint shopping with countless random, frustrating trips to Lowes/Home Depot/Porter Paint and money spent buying all the colors we thought we liked, we ended up matching the what it looked like in the first place! :) Go figure!

3 comments:

  1. Ashley,
    I'm quite fascinated by your blog. I really never do internet type things, but I find so many of the experiences you've had with your house jiving with what we have been going through and we haven't even started yet. I've been stressing over the exterior color a lot. I'm so happy for you that you are getting to move to the country what a great thing for your family. I just posted a comment on one of your other blogs but I was so excited about this find that I had to post another one. I wonder if you would mind if I asked you a bunch of questions about your experience? Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding? We'd love to answer ?'s about our experience! ;) Let me figure out how the best way to do that is (maybe I'll set up a separate email for ?'s and post the answers on here too for others to read -- if anyone is interested!). Hang on, let me set that up now and I'll do a new post with the email info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley,
    Great, thanks so much for being willing to answer questions. I'm sorry that you might have to talk me through that email deal. I'm not sure how to find your email info. Sorry

    ReplyDelete