Thursday, February 19, 2009

The stairs are in progress...

I'm really impressed with the guy working on our stairs. He's very meticulous and exact, which is always a good thing when you're wanting to build something that lasts {maybe the framing crew should take note - David spent tons of time fixing their shoddy quick work with our house framing.}. These stairs will get years of little feet running up & down them, and well big clunky feet too I guess. And I'm sure they'll hold up just fine. :)

David designed a pretty detailed stairway for us so I'm not sure how long it will take to build... but here's a shot of how it looked today. We will have panels running up the stairs too, I'm guessing that will be the last part for him to build. For now you can see the layers of skirt boards going up along the sides... the wood slats are temporary and will be replaced with oak boards at some point soon.






We already have our newel posts there and also the spindels. I'll try to take a picture of them next time and add to this post.

I'm just soooo glad to get these stairs in -- I'm afraid of heights and couldn't stand going up the temporary steps -- you could see straight down through them! Plus there weren't any rails upstairs so I was scared of falling off the edge. David thought it was funny to always stand on the edge... soooo not funny! Okay, weird random confession. lol :)


No comments:

Post a Comment