Monday, February 16, 2009

Interior paint colors picked out...

Between lastnight and today we picked out *all* of our interior paint colors. We ended up with 8 different colors; well 7 for the rooms and 1 for the ceilings to make the white trim pop more. It was hard -- especially considering that Porter Paint has like 3 zillion paint colors to choose from. It was a bit overwhelming. Then you've got to make sure the rooms flow nice... and then make sure that the room color matches the fabric, tile, rugs, cabinets, etc that we've already bought... ugh... glad it's over. But I'm excited to see how it'll all turn out.

I just think back to a few years ago when we just had bare land (a cow pasture!), no house at all -- no sheds, no potty even. {Side funny note: our 5 year old daughter was sooo glad when the port-a-potty arrived once building started because that meant she didn't have to pee-pee in the trees anymore. Yep, we're moving on up! lol} We'd drive down every weekend to "the land" and as soon as we'd get off the exit, we'd roll down the windows to breathe the nice country air. I know the neighbors thought we were crazy because we'd just kinda hang out with the kids; running, playing, eating our lunch. We'd stand in the grass where we'd build the house one day (now!), and talk about how exciting it would all be... then drive back home to Nashville (45 long minutes) and hear gun shots & watch drug deals from our front windows. I was scared to let the kids play outside, you never knew what was going down around there. Sad. There were days that I thought about living in a tent would be feasible just to get to live on the land -- thankfully, David talked sense into me. I'm not a tent camping girl {although, I would love to learn to be one!} so tent living would definitely be out of the question. I did look at buying a camper though. ha ha :) Not to ramble on, but this is just such a big dream for us. We have so much to be thankful for.

I will post pictures of the house being painted and the stairs & stair panels going up soon. :)

4 comments:

  1. Nice nice interior paint colors selection. Great Ideas too. Keep it up and I'll keep that in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's nice! I can't wait to see the outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please let me know if you’re looking for a article writer for your site. You have some really great posts and I feel I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d absolutely love to write some material for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine. Please send me an email if interested. Thank you! Brick Painting Toronto

    ReplyDelete