Monday, February 9, 2009

Oops! That wasn't right... and where we're at now

I had to edit the post about the windows -- as David reminded me this weekend, we didn't order the windows ahead of time... because we had to have exact measurements (duh!). So scratch that. Sorry, after waiting this long to blog about building the house, it's all running together in my little non-construction girl mind! ha ha :)

And I'm trying to catch up today so there will be alot of posts (sorry!). This week is going to be a big week at the house, so I want to get all caught up to real-time posting soon. That's my goal anyway. Woohoo!

*We decided to hire a guy to finish the stairs so this will allow David to focus on getting our electric ready for the next inspection... so we can hopefully get the HVAC unit in very soon. David has actually worked with this guy and knows that he does a great job. It's so important to get good subs, very very important.

*The interior painter is coming in tomorrow to start priming everything. I was trying to talk David into painting it ourself until I realized we'd have to caulk & paint every piece of trim {crown molding, door, floor, etc} and meet our deadline too (out of the rental house by April 30th), then suddenly it sounded like a good deal to hire someone. ha ha! The painter also painted the exterior so we know he does great work, very detailed. So I've picked out several paint colors but need to get them all 100% decided on -- this is so hard! We usually do brown/gold colors and we're trying to get away from that some... we'll see how that works out. I can pick up to 8 colors based on his price quote, less is even better though b/c we'd save some money.

*The guy who is installing our wood floor is ready when we are, we already have the wood in storage -- it's just a matter of getting it up to the house. We need to pick out our stain color. I like the dark walnut stain. I think it's pretty & classy too; but I want an imperfect old-looking floor... not ~subdivision glossy beautiful~ if that makes sense.

Okay, off to catch up. And thanks to everyone who leaves comments - I love them! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment